One of Women in Endocrinology´s most successful efforts has been to increase the number of women elected to Endocrine Society office through nomination efforts of WE members and support of WE vetted candidates.
What you can do to help WE continue to succeed in this endeavor (in order of importance):
- Submit the names of the WE nominees on the Endocrine Society´s Call for Nominations form (due in late December or early January)
- Vote for the successful WE nominees on the Endocrine Society´s election ballot (due in the spring).
- Suggest individuals qualified for Endocrine Society offices to the WE Nominations Committee (all year).
1. Submit names of WE nominees to the Endocrine Society.
Each Fall, the Endocrine Society mails a “Call for Nominations” form to their general membership requesting nominations for Endocrine Society officers. If you do not already have candidates whom you support, save your nomination form until you receive the slate of WE candidates. The names and a brief description of our candidates´ qualifications are provided each year in our Fall Newsletter as well as on the WE website.
Endocrine Society Bylaws require that candidates be nominated by 1% of the Endocrine Society membership to be put on the ballot. For example, in 2000 each nominee needed about 100 nominations. Hence each submission makes a big difference.
2. Vote for the successful WE nominees on the Endocrine Society’s election ballot.
The Endocrine Society sends each Endocrine Society member a Ballot containing the names of all successful nominees for Endocrine Socieity Office. Consider voting for the WE candidates.
3. Suggest individuals qualified for Endocrine Society offices to the WE Nominations Committee.
WE actively and regularly solicits suggestions for nominees for Endocrine Society offices from our membership.
- Suggestions can be sent at any time but are especially welcome in the early fall (September – October).
- Each nomination should provide the name and contact information for the nominee and a description of their qualifications for the position suggested.
- Send your suggestions to the Chair of the WE Nominations Committee:
JINGJING KIPP, Ph.D. (Chair 2016-2017)
Department of Biological Sciences
2325 N. Clifton Ave
Chicago, IL 60614