WE Young Investigator Awards are provided to recognize outstanding abstracts accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society. Award winners each receive $500 and will be invited guests at the annual WE dinner meeting. In addition, two named Awards will be given to the most outstanding applicants; one for excellence in Clinical Research and a second for excellence in Basic Science.
- New faculty during the first three years of appointment, postdoctoral trainees or residents (first five years), or graduate students and medical students after the first year of training.
- Must be a presenting author on an abstract accepted for presentation at the Endocrine Society Meeting.
- Must be a current member of WE or have a mentor who is a current member of WE. To join WE, please visit our membership page.
- Awards are given to both women and men.
- Awardees from the last year’s WE YIA and this year’s winners of Endocrine Society travel awards are not eligible for the current year.
- AWARD DEADLINE: Friday, February 8, 2019 by 5pm EST
Each sponsor may nominate only one candidate per year.
The Janet W. McArthur and Neena B. Schwartz awards are selected from the applications for the Young Investigator award, thus, the application process is the same as for the Young Investigator awards.
What to Send:
The following material is required as a single PDF file, in the following order:
- Completed application form – “Young Investigator Award Face Page”
- One page biosketch including publications
- Copy of abstract(s) accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society
- One page letter from sponsor (for trainees) or application letter (for new faculty).
- Applications from students or postdoctoral fellows must be accompanied by a supporting letter from the faculty sponsor. The sponsor´s letter should discuss the merits of the applicant and indicate what other travel funds are available. Each sponsor may nominate only one candidate.
- Applicants who are beginning faculty should send a letter of application, explaining the need for this support and how it will benefit their career.
PDFs should be named as follows “[your last name], [your first name], YIA 2019” . Please do not send the application in a password protected email. Applications that are not in the correct format will not be accepted.
Application Face Page Form:
Applications from students or postdoctoral fellows must be accompanied by a supporting letter from their faculty sponsor. The sponsor´s letter should discuss the merits of the applicant and indicate what other travel funds are available. A faculty member can sponsor only one applicant from their group. Applicants who are beginning faculty should send a letter of application, explaining the need for the support and in what way it will be of assistance to their career.
E–mail the single PDF of the completed application form and supporting documentation by Friday, February 8, 2019 by 5pm EST to the chair of the WE Awards Committee, Ruban Dhaliwal, at email@example.com.
The Young Investigator Award may be subject to Sunshine reporting if funded by industry.