The Agnes Schonbrunn Award for Distinguished Service honors a Women in Endocrinology (WE) member who has demonstrated exceptional service to the Women in Endocrinology organization and to the advancement of women in endocrinology more broadly.
Agnes Schonbrunn, PhD, was a Professor of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology and the Vice Chair of the Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Her research examined signaling mechanisms and neuroendocrine petpide receptor regulation. Dr. Schonbrunn received many honors, including the Gerald D. Aurbach Lecture Award from the Endocrine Society in 2002. She was a passionate advocate for women, fighting for pay equity for women at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston and working tirelessly for many years to advance WE’s mission, serving in many capacities, including as the President of WE from 1996-1998.
This $1000 award is supported by Crinetics Pharmaceuticals in memory of Dr. Agnes Schonbrunn
- Member Women in Endocrinology
- Record of substantial service to Women in Endocrinology and to the advancement of women in the field of endocrinology
- Nominations must include:
- Nominator’s name
- Candidate’s name and current position
- WE service (offices, committee service and/or other)
- Please describe the nominee’s contributions to Women in Endocrinology and to the advancement of women in endocrinology more broadly (limit 300 words)
- Candidate’s CV
Please send nomination packet materials by e-mail with pdf attachments by February 15, 2018 to the chair of the WE Awards Committee, Ruban Dhaliwal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please email Ruban if you intend to submit a Service Award Nomination Packet*
The Service Award will be presented at the WE Annual Meeting and Dinner. Sponsored by a generous award from Crinetics Pharmaceuticals.